NEWS‎ > ‎

Chase Martens still missing

posted Mar 24, 2016, 3:28 PM by Kathy Carr   [ updated Mar 24, 2016, 3:30 PM ]

The search still continues for two-year-old Chase Martens, after he went missing on Tuesday, March 22 at around 6:00pm. The hundreds of volunteer searchers, Search and Rescue workers, members of the local fire department, some members from CFB Shilo and Police Officers are no closer to finding out where Chase is after searching for over 36 hours. Over 100 searchers were sent home yesterday at dusk and the majority of them had already returned this morning to keep searching.

After combing through the fields and wooded areas all Tuesday night and Wednesday, the search area has been expanded from 1.5km to 3.5km and the RCMP underwater recovery team has arrived as the new search area focuses on creeks, rivers, ponds and other bodies of water. 

When asked during today's press conference what has there has not been an Amber Alert put out for Chase, RCMP spokesperson, Sgt. Bert Paquet said that there are requirements for confirmation of an abduction and that is not the case here. Paquet said they do not expect foul play, but they are not ruling out any avenues of investigation.

Chase's parents are experiencing every parent's worst nightmare, but are still holding out hope that he will be found safe and sound. While speaking to the media, Chase's parents asked that anyone with information to please find it in your hearts to do the right thing and come forward, that information could help bring him home. They also said that they are overwhelmed by the support they have received from the Community coming together to help find Chase.

The RCMP are echoing the same thought and are still hoping for a miracle that Chase will be found safe and sound, but are being mindful about the worse case scenario with the search area being expanded and the amount of time that has passed since Chase was last seen.

Comments